Monday, February 27, 2012

Radio Ambulante: This Latin American Life




I’ve been a fan of Daniel Alarcón’s work for quite some time –- I even dedicated a chapter of my dissertation (and forthcoming book) to his debut novel, Lost City Radio. His latest project, Radio Ambulante, is a monthly radio program in Spanish which deals with a variety of topics ranging from the fall from grace of one of the most celebrated soccer clubs in Argentina (River Plate) to the culture shock experienced by immigrants when they move to the United States. Radio Ambulante is a much needed initiative which will certainly help to break down the tired stereotypes of Latin Americans and Latinos.  I can’t wait to check out the podcasts (and use them in my courses!).

They are currently seeking donations to cover production costs.  Please consider giving a little (or a lot) to this promising cultural project.








  

No comments:

Post a Comment